Why are convex mirrors used as side mirrors for vehicles?
The side mirrors of the car and the rear view mirror of a car are made up of convex mirrors. This is because the image formed by a convex mirror is diminished and erect image, thus it provides a larger field of view. A larger field of view helps the driver to know better about the traffic behind.
Why are convex mirrors useful?
These features make convex mirrors very useful: since everything appears smaller in the mirror, they cover a wider field of view than a normal plane mirror, so useful for looking at cars behind a driver’s car on a road, watching a wider area for surveillance, etc.
What are the 10 uses of convex mirror?
The following are the uses of convex mirrors:
- It is used in vehicles as rear-view mirrors.
- It is used for security purposes, such as in ATMs.
- The magnification of objects becomes easy when convex mirrors are used.
- It is used in sunglasses.
- It is also used as street light reflectors.
What is the uses of convex?
Answer: Microscopes, magnifying glasses, and eyeglasses all use convex lenses.
What are the 5 uses of concave and convex mirror?
Uses of concave and convex mirrors class 10 or Uses of the concave mirror in daily life
- Concave mirrors are used in the Vehicles headlights.
- Concave mirror is used in the Shaving mirrors.
- Concave mirrors are used in the Solar furnaces.
- Concave mirrors are used in the Searchlights.
- Concave mirrors are used in the Torches.